Wednesday 17 July 2019

We Dance and Play the Night Away

Recently, two good friends turned 60
and to celebrate, the Mother's Group girls
took them out to dinner at a lovely restaurant
overlooking the Harbour.
Of course, cards were needed to accompany the gifts
and I was delighted to make them.

So, card #1


I found this paper at my local papercraft shop while I was looking for something else
and it made me think of fairies and other woodland critters.

The card itself is quite large, it being folded A4.
I stamped the poem and the fairy, added an extra two toadstools
(which came in the co-ordinating embellishment pack)
and attached a sparkly 60 to one of the toadstools.


To make the inside just a little bit different, I used two folded A4 cards,
trimming down one side of each and adhering them together (if that makes sense).
I added a strip of paper which was left over from the front of the card to both sides of this cut down middle, stamping a sentiment on the front and extra fairies on the back.


There was plenty of room for everyone to sign the card
and the recipient was delighted.

 Stamps
Lavinia Stamps - Secret Night; Three Dancing Fairies; Dancing til Dawn
Stampendous - Birthday Wish

Paper
Kaisercraft - Enchanted Collection 'Fairytale'
Embellishment
Kaisercraft - Collectables 'Enchanted'
Cardstock
House of Paper - Earthy Recycled Oatmeal


I'll return shortly with card #2, so please come back ..... until then,

Happy Crafting!
 


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to create a card like this, Helen! I had to read twice and look at the photo twice before I understood what you did. Yeah, makes perfect sense now! :-) Love buying papers like this one. They may be more expensive, but you can usually create something spectacular with them, as you have here. And, like you, I usually find these papers when I am in the store looking for something else!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!