Sunday 17 September 2017

Guess who I finally met?

After waiting for so long, on Friday I finally got to meet
Dyan Reaveley!
Yippee!!! 

Was I excited?  Do I sound excited?

After picking up my friend Jenni, we headed up the coast to Pages 2 Scrap at Tuggerah
for our full day class with Dyan.

It was a day full of fun, paint, getting messy and having a blast learning new techniques.

We started with the 'baby wipe technique'
where we applied the first layer of paint with a baby wipe,
followed by another two layers using less paint each time
and mooshing it together with our fingers.
We then used a stencil to add more of the first colour.



The second lesson was the 'brayer technique'
where we applied three layers of paint using a brayer. 
We then added a pop of a fourth (complimentary) colour
using more stencils.


A similar page using the same colours became this .....


 
The third technique we covered was blocking
where we used four different colours
followed by stencilling different patterns over them using the same four colours.


Even the mop up pages look good!

There are of course, lots more pages full of these techniques and once I get a few more Dylusions paints, I'll open my journal to a clean page and play again!

I'm so glad Dyan came to Australia to do some classes.
I sure hope, now that she knows we're a nice bunch, that she will come again in the not-too-distant future.   Until next time .....

Happy Crafting!
   
 


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had fun ! I saw your pic with Dyan on FB ! Great results too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks, like you had an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!