Thursday 30 April 2015

I've been a BAD blogger!

Gosh, I've been a BAD blogger lately. 
Why? Well, that's a good question!

Two of the travellers in my family returned from their adventures in Peru a week ago, and suddenly the peace and quiet I was just getting used to, returned to a more normal routine.  Not that the travellers are really noisy or anything like that, but just as I was getting the hang of just two of us at home, we have become four.
The other traveller is still away for a few more weeks ..... 
hmmm, wonder if I should change the locks?

I have also been selling off some of my Stampin' Up! stamps along with other items I no longer want or need. These are discontinued but most are in very good condition and some are brand new. 
As my taste has changed in my crafty adventure, these items are just sitting on shelves or in baskets and just don't see the light of day.  
My crafting friend, Jenni, made the suggestion a few weeks ago, of selling them off.  
So a week and a half ago, I listed one item to test the water (so to speak) and within 2 hours I had sold it - YIPPEE!!!  Then, I listed the remainder and I am very happy to say that my SU stash has reduced somewhat and my bank balance has risen.
Now I can go shopping again for new goodies - WOOHOO!!!

I have, however, been doing a small amount of crafting.  
To use up bits & pieces of stash, I have been making ATC's to abandon.  I joined a FB group called Art Abandonment which is an international group where people abandon all sorts of different items.  I liked the idea of leaving an item abandoned for someone to find and keep (or give away again, it's up to them) and it uses up some of my little bits of paper and such.

These papers came from the February 2015 edition of Making Cards magazine.

These papers came from Kaisercraft "Sandy Toes" collection.

I have been abandoning at my local shopping centre, at the nursing home where my mother-in-law resides and at a few other places.
Hopefully they will put a smile on someone's face.
 
So, that's what I have been up to lately. 
Hopefully I'll be back to crafting on a more regular basis again soon
and my blogging will follow suit.
 
Happy Crafting! 

4 comments:

  1. I just joined your group, Helen. I am inspired to be part of the Art Abandonment Facebook Group by your wee pieces of art here--and you, of course! I created a lot a tags for the Tag Along Challenge Blog and just put them in a shoebox. The will be such fun to abandon them around my city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I've been MIA on comments lately. I love your art, it is always so lovely! I am curious about the Art Abandonment idea…I'll have to check it out. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you write anything on the back like 'ART abandoned by ...... Enjoy'? I have heard about abandoned books but this sound fun. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!