Friday 28 November 2014

APC Challenge - Week 9

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Week 9

Ok, so now that you've looked at Week 10, it's time to go back to Week 9
(just to be confusing - well, I'm confused anyway!)
 
 
For card #1 of week 9, spray some ink, hand draw an image, add some washi tape and a bit of doodling and finish with a quote.

Well, sort of ........for my background I used some TH paint and a stencil, found some circles that I'd used for another project a few months ago, added some washi tape for stems, doodled around both circles and finished with the word "fly".  If you look at the top corner, you will see some doodled birds flying in the distance!

For card #2, start with a pale background, stencil over using an ink colour, glue on a bit of tissue paper, splatter with water, die cut a shape, add lace and a stamped image.

Hmmm ....... not quite!  I stencilled some TH distress ink directly onto my gessoed card, added some tissue paper, a bit more distress ink (which promptly came off on my fingers) and finished with a Stampin' Up rub-on from a couple of years back.  As I said ...... not quite!
 
Anyhow, I'm ok with how these both came out, hope you do too.
Stay tuned for Week 11, coming soon!!!
 
Happy Crafting!
 

3 comments:

  1. You have tackled both challenges with aplomb, Helen, and I like your results. I believe you are catching up--something I failed to do, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love how these turned out too. The one your drew on is fabulous! I really love the pale background on the second card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. I really like the first one. The flowers have great dimension against red and white background and the birds. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!