Wednesday 22 October 2014

APC Challenge - Week 7

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Week 7

The theme this week was largely "nautical" though not necessarily so!

Sound confused?  Me too!!!


So, these are the two cards I created.


I schmooshed some colour around leaving a white patch, and while I was letting it dry, I stamped this little sea creature from Stampotique onto white card, coloured him with Distress Markers and fussy cut him.  I then glued him onto the background and then covered most of the card with Distress Crackle Paint and left it to dry.  I wasn't sure whether to add a sentiment or not, but since I couldn't think of anything, I decided to leave it just as you see it.


The background of this card was made a few weeks ago when I was experimenting with what worked or not, so I'm not entirely sure of the process - oh well!  The colours worked with the theme so I decided to just go with the flow!  

The stamp was a freebie off a Craft Stamper magazine which just happened to be the right size, and the little fish are hand-drawn onto cardstock that I'd been playing with a while back, using Distress Inks and blending colours together.  I cut them out, glued them in place, and there you have it!

If you want more details about this challenge or want to play along, go to 
www.claudinesartcorner.blogspot.com

Thanks for looking and I'll be back again soon with my cards for Week 8.

Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Great makes, Helen! Love the textured backgrounds, especially that crackle finish. I am happy for your inspiration because I still need to do mine for the APC challenge! Thanks for sharing! I love those little stamps that come with that magazine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crackle on the octopus card and the cute fish. A very cool octopus. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!