Wednesday 11 June 2014

Let's Celebrate Wednesday

I'm a little behind with my challenge entries this week
but luckily for me (and everyone else) 
 #150 - Celebrate
is still open;

and the theme this week at
#42 - Use Pink, a Little or a Lot

 
I started with a piece of newsprint DSP from Stampin' Up!
and lightly gessoed it to tone down the print.

While it was drying I got to work colouring these three
little cuties from 'Line Up' (Stampotique)
with watercolour pencils and the aquash water brush
and then fussy cut them leaving just a little border
which I then lightly coloured gray.

On finding some Kaisercraft letters and discovering there were
only two "E's" left, I decided to go with every second letter and
the alternate letters would be handwritten.  Then I drew an outline
around the words and cut them out.

Lucky for me I managed to work out the letters and used both
the stickers without mucking up the sequence - phew!


Although it's hard to see in the photo, the three little cuties
are grounded on a piece of washi tape
and popped up on dimensionals.

The balloon is SU (discontinued long ago) 
which is stamped onto the newsprint and then again onto plain cardstock
and coloured, cut out and adhered on top.

I coloured around the edges with a green watercolour pencil 
blending the colour into the newsprint.
It is then mounted onto a piece of pink card followed by black card.

A length of ribbon which was sitting on my table matched perfectly.

Happy Crafting!!!
 

10 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Helen! Love all the details, like the balloon and washi tape, but I also really like how you used a bit of gesso in creating your great background. I have often been confronted with not enough of a certain letter and get so frustrated. You have cleverly solved this problem you faced with the E's! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, of course, thank for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous tag! I love the critters from Line Up in pink and also love the pink and green combination!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those three look pretty in pink ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your wonderful tag.

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!Greetings from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag, and the little pink critters are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO cute! Thank you for joining our #150 celebration challenge at Stampotique Originals. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is gorgeous! Love it Helen
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!