Friday 19 January 2018

Les Chateaux

It's forecast to be another HOT day in Sydney today,
with temperatures in the 40Cs, phew!
  I think the air-con might be getting a good workout later in the day!

In the meantime ......


..... I've been having a play with a new addition to my stamp stash.

Using my favourite cardstock, Knight White (280gsm), I stamped the image in 'jet black' Archival Ink.  I wanted to have a watercolour background, so created a wash with Inktense Blocks and water until I got the required pastel consistency of colour.


I stamped the image a second time so that I could fussy cut the girl, putting foam dots under her skirt to give a 2D look. 
 She was also coloured the same way as the background with Inktense Blocks.


Although it's hard to see in the photo, her crown and dress bodice are coloured with a red Gelli Roll pen 
which adds a lovely shimmer.


I looked through my stash of stamps for an appropriate sentiment to put on the bottom left corner, but alas, I just couldn't find what I wanted, so opted for a black sticker instead.

A black mat was added before adhering to a folded white card.

Stamps
Carabelle Studio - "Les Chateaux de la Loire" 

If you are in Australia ..... stay cool; 
if you are somewhere else in the world, I hope the weather is being kind to you.

Happy Crafting!
  

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. Shall we swop weather for a few days? Stay cool x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!