Tuesday 12 December 2017

Bloom


When I find a new technique, I like to keep playing with it;
sometimes to perfect it, sometimes to find how many different ways
it can be used and sometimes just because it's fun!



I sprinked a combination of Ken Oliver Color Burst paints
onto watercolour card, spritzed them lightly with water and put aside to dry.

I then stamped the butterfly and flowers onto extra white card
and using a paintbrush, watercoloured them with Inktense blocks 
co-ordinating the colours with the background.


I stamped the butterfly and flowers onto the prepared background
and coloured the leaves and grass with Intense Blocks.

 I fussy cut the butterfly and the flower blooms 
and glued them directly over the background stamped images.

I chose a sentiment, cut around it and glued it in place.
The watercolour panel was adhered to a black mat and then onto folded white card.

Stamps
JOFY - 11, 13
Ken Oliver Color Burst
Alizarin Crimson, Pthalo Green
Challenges
Thanks for coming to look today, see you again soon!

Happy Crafting!
 

3 comments:

  1. You have created a lovely one-of-a-kind background and it perfectly sets off your images, Helen! I do what you do--repeatedly use a technique--but not for the reasons you have, I do it so that I don't forget HOW to use the technique. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love the vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous ... I love the background, the colours go together perfectly. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!