Tuesday 23 May 2017

100 years young!

I know it's been a few days, but I'm back again.

Hmmm ...... so what can I show you today?
 
Last week, I had a phone call from one of my good friends,
asking if I would make a card for an elderly gentleman who is turning 100!

So, I went searching through my stamps to find something suitable
and came across this globe, along with the stop watch
[both from a magazine freebie].



I started by blending 'stormy sky' and 'broken china' Distress Inks together
on white cardstock and spritzing with water. 
I then stamped the globe in 'jet black' Archival Ink,
and with a craft knife, cut out all the inside pieces.


To add interest to the background, I found a piece of printed tissue paper
and glued it to white card.  I then glued the globe into place.

After colouring and cutting around the stopwatch, 
I aged it by adding crackle accents to its face.  
I put the watch aside for a few hours to ensure it had dried properly
before popping in onto a foam dimensional.

The happy birthday is a sticker, the 100 was cut from an alphabet/number die
and the tiny tag was also cut from a die.
 A black mat was added before adhering the front to a folded square craft card.

I gave the card to my friend last night and she was delighted with it.
Hopefully the elderly gentleman will be too!

Happy Crafting!
 


1 comment:

  1. Fab card, very impressed at your knife skills cutting all that out! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!