Monday 27 March 2017

Height of fashion

Looking around other blogs, I came across this weeks
Sunday Postcard Art with the theme "Animal People"
...... thanks, Kay!



This is such a fun theme and I knew exactly what I wanted to do,
so it didn't take long to make.


I started by masking off the edges of 4" x 6" card 
which would finish the postcard with a white border.


I stamped Lady G directly onto the white card, stamped and cut a mask,
and proceeded to sponge a combination of 'crushed olive' and 'broken china'
Distress Ink over the card.



Leaving the mask in place, a quick spritz of water produces lots of background interest.



To finish, I stamped the words in 'jet black' Archival Ink, drew a pen line down the middle,
added a postmark and used just a smidge of a background stamp for a little grundge.

Finally, I carefully peeled back the washi tape that was used to create a border.

Stamps
Katzelkraft - KTZ141
Lawn Fawn - Jessie's ABCs
Stampin' Up! - French Foliage

Challenges


Happy Crafting!
  

4 comments:

  1. This stamps belong to my favourites too. Tnanks for joining this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, this is a great card! I like the white border too. But especially love the giraffe lady and the 'height' pun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cool. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!