Monday 12 September 2016

Blossoms

I'm on a roll this morning, playing along with various challenges, 
so I'll start with the first one I tackled.

Over at 'Simply Less is More', the theme this week is
'One Layer - Your favourite flower'

I had a look at a couple of different flower stamps and decided I'd go with some blossoms, especially as it is blossom time here as we go into spring.


I decided that ivory cardstock would work very nicely for these flowers as they are quite soft looking.   I coloured the stems and flowers with Distress Markers, did a bit of huffing & puffing and firmly stamped directly onto the cardstock.   Again using a Distress Marker, I added a sentiment.
I felt the card was lacking something, so I drew a border using the fine tip of the Distess Marker, which I feel finishes it off perfectly.

Challenges
Simply Less is More - One Layer 'Your Favourite Flower'
Craft Stamper - Anything Goes

Stamps
Graphic 45 - Birdsong
Stampendous - Life Words SSC1213

Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. How lovely, such a clean and fresh design. The hand drawn border is a super addition and frames the card beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with these blossoms...just beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blossoms and a very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS-tastic and super elegant. Great doodle work to the border too - it add such a fun effect yet still maintaining the clean and simple look too. thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty .... beautifully CAS and those words are such good advice. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully pretty and detailed stamp. Your hand doodled border is a great touch too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!