Monday 15 August 2016

Vitamin D

The weather yesterday was glorious!

Actually, the weather this week has been beautiful and it is forecast to remain so until the end of the week.  Yes, it is WINTER here in Sydney, the nights are cold but the days have been sunny & bright.  My spring bulbs are starting to bloom, especially the jonquils (must take photo before they finish), the freesias are starting to get their blooms and the bluebells are peeking through the ground.  
I love this time of year when the flowers are blooming!

Anyhow, as I was saying, yesterday was glorious, so I took my art journal outside to have a little play.  
Apart from using the colours orange and turquoise I had nothing else in mind, so off I went spraying here and there with my Dylusions sprays.
A couple of stencils later, with what looks vaguely like sun rays, I knew what I wanted to do with Bones, complete with a hat - we don't want him getting sunburn, do we?


If you are wondering why I chose those specific colours, they are part of the Dylusions challenge on Facebook this month, along with 'Bones'.  This is the first time I've played along on this challenge but what better place to start, especially when you have some colour/theme prompts.


I stamped Bones with 'jet black' Archival Ink and fussy cut him so I could re-arrange his limbs.  The hat was stamped onto a leftover snippet of watercolour paper, and the words were stamped with individual letters and cut around.

Stamps
Dylusions - Boney Maloney
Dylusions - Couture Collection
Hero Arts - Playful Alphabet


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!